I didn't order chemical attack: Assad
— Syrian President Bashar Assad has denied in an interview with CBS television that he was behind a chemical attack last month and called on lawmakers to reject planned US military strikes, the US network said yesterday. “He denied that he had anything to do with the attack,” CBS veteran correspondent Charlie Rose said, speaking after earlier interviewing Assad in Syria. “He denied that he knew there was a chemical attack, notwithstanding what has been said and notwithstanding the videotape.
Assad’s rare interview with an American network is to be aired on CBS today. The United States has led the charge that Assad ordered a chemical attack against the residents of a Damascus suburb on August 21, which Washington says killed some 1 400 people, including about 400 children.... Read the full, comprehensive news article and discuss at The HeraldSimilar Stories